2020 GYTS Judge Registration Notice
1. Online Professional Judges: recommended by the Organizing Committee of each Global Youth Talent Show hosting city, reviewed and approved by the Organizing Committee of Global Youth Ambassador Project, participate in the city preliminary selection and the scoring according to the system judging criteria of the GYTS organizing committee.
2. Student Judges: After the qualification assessment of the contestants, each contestant can voluntarily apply to be a student judge consistent with his / her own category; the student judges can freely choose to participate in the selection and scoring of other contestants in the category.
3. On-site Professional Judges: invited by the Organizing Committee of Global Youth Ambassador Project, will score each contestant on site.
4. Online Selection Judging Panel: composed of 3 professional judges + several student judges.
5. On-site Selection Judging Panel: composed of 5 professional judges + several student judges.
2 Responsibilities of the Judges:
1. Scoring task of Online Professional Judges: for the judges participating in drama category, the basic scoring task amount is 20 works; for the judges participating in other categories, the basic scoring task amount is 60 works.
2. The judges are only responsible for grading each contestant fairly in accordance with the judging rules, and will not respond in any way to the questions of contestants, parents and other accompanying personnel about the scoring.
3. Judges of online constituencies need to review the candidates' works fairly, and give reasonable scores. Judges use a Wechat mini program - Global Youth Ambassador Program mobile app or through weblinks attached in email notifications to score online, and click on the score rubrics according to the judging criteria.
4. The judges of the on-site constituency need to review the contestants' programs fairly, and give reasonable scores through the mobile app of Global Youth Ambassador Project, a mobile app. The app displays the contestant's contestant number and the contestant's name. The judges need to score according to the contestant number. For the absent contestants, please check "absent".
5. After the judges of the on-site constituency complete the scoring work, the detailed final scoring and ranking shall be returned to the organizing committee.
3 Online and On-Site selection Scoring Standard (100 points in total)
1. The full score of each work in each category is 100 points.
2. If the contestants do not violate the selection regulations, the normal scoring range of each work is 80% - 100% of the full points.
3. The following situations are not scored according to the regular scoring range:
(1) If a contestant takes a draft to the stage and reads it for 1-3 times, 70% of 100 points will be counted as max score; if he reads it for more than 3 times, 60% of 100 points will be counted as max score; if he reads it for a long time and fails to do so after being reminded by the host, 50% of 100 points will be counted as max score.
(2) If a contestant is unable to complete the competition performance due to tension and other reasons, 50% of 100 points will be counted as max score.
(3) If the contestants disclose personal information in any way during the selection, such as wearing school uniform, wearing school name card, mentioning the name of their school and the name of their tutor in the performance, 50% of 100 points will be counted as max score.
Matters Needs Attention:
1. Please strictly abide by the selection duration for each performance, and stop the contestant when the time is up, and deduct points when the contestant go over time .
2. In order to ensure the fairness of the selection, the judges must wait for all contestant of each group to complete the same selection process before final scoring.
4 Scoring Mechanism:
Final score = 80% of average of Professional Judge Score and 20 % of average of Student Judge Score.
The weighted average of the scores of all judges multiplies the proportion of the scores of judges; the proportion of the scores of professional judges is 80%, and the proportion of the scores of student judges is 20%.
Special situation description: in order to avoid the occurrence of malicious manipulation of scores, the number of student judges requires more than 3 to be effective; if the number of student judges is less than 3, the score of professional judges shall be 100%.
5 General requirements for scoring:
Language Competency: correct and clear pronunciation, natural and fluent expression, proper use of words, no obvious grammatical errors, moderate speed of speech.
Content: the theme is outstanding, the structure is clear, complete and innovative.
Appearance and Performance: tidy, dignified, expressive, good attitude, rich and vivid body language.
Communication Ability: be able to understand the meaning of the Judge;s question accurately, respond quickly, answer fluently and accurately, and think creatively.
Global Youth Talent Show Organizing Committee
February 24, 2020